TOP 4 CURRENT GLASS CURTAIN WALLS SYSTEMS
Glass curtain walls also known as aluminum glass curtain is the replacement for the rudimentary walls surrounding the building, office, showrom system, shopping center... creating luxurious and classy features with aesthetics high. Especially thanks to the transparency of the glass to create a beautiful space, expanding visibility. Currently on the market there are 4 commonly glass curtain walls systems. Here are a summary of 4 popular curtain systems in recent times:
1. Stick aluminum glass curtain walls
Widely used, the most popular materials available today, it is very easy to buy, simple to install and easy to fit with the tools. Is the curtain suitable for all buildings by the external surface, especially buildings with complex architectural that technical requirements and multiple connections.
Aluminum frame includes 3 types: vertical aluminum frame, gasket and lids:
- Standard stand aluminum frame for curtain wall with dimensions of 50.8m x 90mm has ledges 10mm or 18mm, thickness 2.3mm, in addition to replacing the vertical bar of other frame types such as aluminum box 45mm x 100mm x 1.3mm, frame 50.8 x 80mm x 1.8 mm or larger like 120mm or 150mm depending on the height of the building.
- Standard horizontal aluminum frame 40mm x 50mm x 2.5mm has ledges 10mm or 18mm, the horizontal bar can also be replaced with horizontal bars has dimensions larger than the width such as 60mm x 50mm x 2.3mm or by vertical bars.
- Aluminum frame for lids, consisting of 2 components of the base and the lid, the lids have a specification of 25mm x 50mm x 1.2, the base is the part that attaches directly to the construction surface after the glass has been installed, may attaches horizontal and vertical bars or not custom design requirements.
Glass: Stick aluminum curtain walls is usually used with double-glazed laminated glass, in addition to most single-glass 8, 10, 12 mm, laminated glass 10.38, 11.28, and 12.38mm.
In addition, any glass curtain walls will have accessories included.
♦ Characteristics of the Stick curtain walls
- Ability to create flexible shapes for the surface, such as zigzag, wavy, bend
- Allows the construction of highly complex works such as angular surfaces, heterogeneous
- Flexibility in construction and material supply
- No shrinkage, warping and absolute waterproofing
- Ability soundproof, high insulation
- Meet high technical requirements
♦ Classification of Stick glass curtain walls
There are 3 types:
- Glass curtain walls exposed rail (horizontal and vertical): This type of structure has the advantage of creating a solid appearance for construction. With aluminum powder coating system, customers can freely choose different colors for the rail external, thereby creating a luxurious and durable look for the entire construction.
- Hidden rail glass curtain walls: This structure has the outstanding advantage of not being divided by rail horizontal and vertical so the outer surface of the construction is a giant glass panel, separated by a small thread. This is not only convenient for decorating the glass of different colors but also creates a large space and is also suitable for placing large electronic advertising screens.
- Glass curtain walls combined with hidden rail and exposed rail: This structure creates accents by vertical or horizontal lines on the outer surface of the entire construction. The combination of horizontal and vertical rail will create a unique aesthetic.
Stick aluminum and glass curtain walls are very popular, so they are often used in the glass curtain wall of office buildings, commercial centers, administrative centers...
2. Unitized glass curtain walls
Born after the Stick curtain wall, the Unitized glass curtain walls is considered a new invention in the facade industry because it overcomes most of the disadvantages of the Stick and improves with many outstanding advantages. This product line is manufactured, processed, completed small parts called modular panels right from the factory, then transferred to the construction for erection and complete overall.
- Aluminum unitized frame: include 4 types of aluminum rods from yin and yang, yin and yang bars, the width of aluminum rods from 150 - 250mm, the average thickness of 3-7mm.
- Unitized box glass: most of the glass used for this aluminum facade is 19mm-28mm thick box glass, the glass component consists of 1 inner glass layer, middle frame bracket and outer glass layer, outer glass layer has can be reflective glass, tempered glass or semi-toughene.
- Accessories: silicone glue, conductive and bonding, are separate components used when assembling at the site.
- Easy and quick construction, shortening progress, ensuring to meet the requirements of works requiring urgent progress.
- Strictly control the quality of products at the factory.
- Carry out the installation even in unfavorable weather conditions.
- High stability, good grip ability.
- The ability to reflect and reflect heat well.
- Noise reduction ability up to 90%.
- The surface is highly aesthetic.
As a high-tech construction product, used for buildings with special requirements, such as noise protection, sound and insulation absolute. Used as high-end glass curtain walls for high-rise buildings with height of over 20 floors, constructions with surface above 1000m2 and designs with a floor clearance of over 6m.
3. Spider glass curtain walls
As a series without frames, component glass faces are connected to each other primarily through glass holders to form connection points and reconnect them. With the absence of the Spider frame, it creates a different class of luxury for the construction, especially the vision and the "view" element, it is difficult to have an optimal solution than spider glass curtain wall.
Because the product line does not use frames, its structure is different from other glass curtain walls without high-grade aluminum frame components. The structure of Spider glass surface only includes:
- Part glass: use high-class glass such as safety tempered glass, semi-toughened glass, safety laminated glass, insulated glass box…
- Spider texture
- Accessories: structural glue, waterproofing adhesive and anti-oxidant, connector, bolt...
- Lightweight structure, ability to create flexible shapes for the surface such as zigzag, wavy, bend.
- Meet the creativity in architectural design.
- No frames should create a wide view for the works.
- Make sure that most natural light is collected on all sides.
Used as a glass curtain wall instead of monotonous concrete walls of large buildings, supermarkets, commercial centers, buildings, showrooms... It is also possible to create links for glass roofs, glass floors, and glass ceilings.
4. Semi glass curtain walls
Also known as a semi-assembled semi-assembly system. Semi surface is not popular in Vietnam aluminum and glass market because the investment cost for this system is quite expensive, but the opposite ensures absolute safety and extremely strong, so it is often used for buildings. the gap between the floors is too great. So that often applies to large and complex works that are new to this system.
The Semi is installed in order: first attaching aluminum bars along the building by the code and screws then attaching the aluminum and glass frames to the vertical bars that have been pre-installed with structural screws, finally match aluminum hatches to cover seams.
Because the meticulous installation process requires very high technology, the number of employees involved in the installation must be large, so the construction time is often long, cost is very large.
Above are the 4 glass systems used in glass curtain walls. For detailed information about prices and installation costs, please contact Fujiwindows Corporation for free support advice.